Should I retake C class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonjinse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short. I'm a senior right now and I have 3 biology classes left.
My Science GPA right now is 2.8. I know I really need to bring it up (alot).

So In fall semester, I got B for last ochem and C in Physiology.

Should I retake physiology next semester?

P.S. I already retook 6 classes because I got C- for all of them.

I know it's gonna be hard for me, but I won't give up. I will try my best for next semester and MCAT

Thank you for your advices:)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes and any other C science courses that you may have.

Alot of advice found here

I'd also retake the C. Good luck.

Long story short. I'm a senior right now and I have 3 biology classes left.
My Science GPA right now is 2.8. I know I really need to bring it up (alot).

So In fall semester, I got B for last ochem and C in Physiology.

Should I retake physiology next semester?

P.S. I already retook 6 classes because I got C- for all of them.

I know it's gonna be hard for me, but I won't give up. I will try my best for next semester and MCAT

Thank you for your advices:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Retake the C and any others you have. B- isn't going to cut it if you want to do meaningful sGPA repair, considering it is < 3.0 right now. Get B+ or better, preferably As. Do well in your remaining sciences. Good luck!

Do some during the summer. Do well and you'll make yourself look like a more attractive applicant.

trust me, retake as many c's as possible. I am even retaking a geology class that I made a c in several years ago ( im in post bac now). I started retaking classes last summer as well as taking ochem, and I swear it is worth it. I graduated with a 3.185 GPA in fall 2011, and when I'm done next may, I will have most likely a 3.7. Now that is worth it!

i had a few C's on my transcript and was fine. my gpa was still high though

i would retake if it would bring u up > 3.0

I would retake all C's and try to get your science GPA above 3.0. This will probably involve getting A's in all the classes you received C's in and also getting A's in the rest of your courses. If you can do this it will show great improvement and look good on apps when that time comes.