should i retake classes from my first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retake history/govt

• dont bother

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • go for it

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

twugal13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, all.
my freshman year was...interesting. i didnt know what i wanted to do with my life and i was more worried about working to pay rent than how my grades were doing. i made C's in 2 history classes and 1 govt class. i know those classes arent in the prereqs that PT schools look at, so should i even bother retaking them?
do they just look at last 60 hours and prereqs or look at alllll of your transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

They look at all your transcript. I wouldn't bother retaking anything until you are closer to the end. See what the total gpa and pre req gpa looks likes.

As long as your cumulative GPA meets the minimum for schools and your prereq , math and science, and last 60 hours GPAs are good, there's no reason for you to retake these classes.

I wouldn't worry about it like the previous poster said if your other GPA's are good. I had a semester from my early years in school where I had 3 C's and 1 D. They didn't even mention it or ask me about it in interviews.

Reactions: 1 user