Should I retake my GRE or what? what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopeful1010

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. just need people’s opinion about this darn test.
here are my stats.

CUM GPA (PTCAS) 3.45
Undergrad CUM GPA: 3.6
PREREQ GPA: 3.6 (PTCAS)


GRE: 149 Q 148 V, 297 combined 4 AW
Observation hours: 100 in patient 150 outpatient 100 Skilled nursing facility
Job experience: Currently hold 2 physical therapy tech positions in an inpatient and outpatient setting

I really need some honest advice on what I really should do. I do not know if I should spend the amount of money to retake the test and I really don’t need to. Just want some opinions. Thank you
🙁
 
You have a good GPA and strong observation hours in multiple settings. Your 297 score is close to the 300 average for accepted at many schools. 4.0 AW should be fine. If you have specific programs that you want to apply to I would contact them and see what they say about your GRE scores. The application deadlines are getting close at most schools so there may not be time to retake and get your new scores submitted. Most schools have a latest date to take the GRE posted on PTCAS. I personally would go ahead and apply with what you have unless you're applying to schools with late deadlines. Just my opinion.