Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TCG

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GPA 3.93

MCAT 506
C/P: 26
CARS: 23
BIO: 27
Pysch: 30

White, California

The rest of my application is pretty solid in terms of leadership, clinical and non clinical volunteering.
Should I retake the MCAT? and if not what would be my target schools?
 
I would say yeah. From what I understand, your MCAT and GPA should be relatively similar. Like try to get at least 510.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
You should apply next year. This was a similar situation for me last year. I got a 504 and retook it this April, got a 512. Be patient and put all your effort into the MCAT. You can get a way better score.