Should I retest?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drdrtoledo, Oct 18, 2001.

1. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious

Resident [Any Field]
    What up players!?
    I got an 11V 9B 8P S-ws My GPA is whack 3.34
    I need a higher score but I would hate to get a lower verbal. Just wanted some input.
    Don't sweat the recs... I got much props
    I have a doctorate too... so word to your mother.
    (The language is silly but I am serious :p )

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. snowballz

snowballz Senior Member

Have you tried DO schools?

Alicia

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Depends on where you want to go. I hear med schools put a lot of weight on the verbal score, so you should be able to get in somewhere with those scores.

5. drdrtoledo

Resident [Any Field]
    Definitely am trying DO... I am just wondering in case. I am definitely going to try one more time if I don't succeed. Just trying to weigh the risk of retesting if things don't work out.
    Thanks a bunch for the advice :) :) :) !

6. mj

mj Senior Member

drdrtoledo,

A 28 isn't bad! It's well above average and in the range of people who get accepted. I think your GPA will hurt you more than your MCAT. A better score might have off set it, or it might make adcom's think you don't apply yourself. Who knows.

That said, do you think you can do better in the sciences?

My experience -- people either get verbal or they don't. If you get it (which an 11 indicates) you will probably do well on it if you took it again.

good luck

mj

7. drdrtoledo

Resident [Any Field]
    Do you really want to laugh??? I graduated pharmacy school with that GPA. I just finished my Doctor of Pharmacy too. It doesn't get much more scientific than that. Can you believe my scores? Talk about forgetting the basics! :p :rolleyes: ;)
    I advise doctors on a daily basis on pharmacology and chemical properties of drugs. I should be ashamed of myself! :D

8. Md 2b In TN

Hey my 2 cents are: It depends on what the composition of your GPA is. If it is because you screwed around as a Freshmen and eventually found your calling and did well, then a low GPA won't hurt you. THe pooint is they have to see if you can do the work, if you made a 2.0 in year 1, in music appretiation and such, and then in your 2 or 3 year really acceled when you got into organic and upper bio classes, then I wouldn't worry about. But another thing is, if I had your score, I'd be jumpin for joy! :D