Should I rush my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted674723

I waited until after my MCAT date on June 20th to begin working on my application because I have to wait for my MCAT scores anyway. I am now miserably stuck on my PS and am starting to panic that it is getting too late into the cycle and I should just submit the version that I have. Is it really that big of a detriment to submit in early to mid July? Please let me know what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

I waited until after my MCAT date on June 20th to begin working on my application because I have to wait for my MCAT scores anyway. I am now miserably stuck on my PS and am starting to panic that it is getting too late into the cycle and I should just submit the version that I have. Is it really that big of a detriment to submit in early to mid July? Please let me know what you think!

In your situation I would wait work on your application. Mid July isnt really that late even for the MD cycle.

While submitting applications mid July is not that late, your applications will more likely be submitted late July or early August at best, depending on how long AMCAS verficiation takes. Right now, they are verifying applications submitted June 9th, but my understanding is the verification gets quicker the later in the cycle it gets.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone on this forum seems to freak out about getting everything in on June 1st so idk. I guess you're right though. Thanks!

Rushing is never good. If you don't feel like you can pull together a strong application in time for this cycle then you should wait.

No and no

You should never submit an application that you feel is unpolished and less than the best you are capable of. If that is the way you feel, don't submit until you feel that it is your best work.

I won't submit it until I am confident that it is the best it can be, but I still worry that July is too late. Do people still get into their top choices that late?

Plenty of people still get into their top choices when they submit in July, but nobody can say what effect your submission date will have on your application because every applicant is different. That being said, July really isn't late. It isn't early, but it isn't late. You get into more of a problem if you have to submit in August. That's where it gets a little iffy. If you are to the point where you have to submit in September, that is a problem and it will definitely negatively affect your chances (though nobody can quantify exactly how much).