Medical Should I send a second update letter/ letter of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance for reading my two questions about update letters/ letters of interest.
I sent most of my schools an update earlier this cycle letting them know that a paper I was co-author on got accepted for publication. I have been fortunate enough to interview at some of these schools. I recently got notice that our second paper was also accepted. Now I want to send an update letter to the schools that I have already interviewed at just updating them. Is it okay if the letter formats are similar to the first update? I just pretty much said, "thanks for reading this--> here's my paper--> i hope it helps in my applications review".

For schools that I have not gotten an interview at, I want to use the accepted paper as an update and write a letter of interest with program-specific details for each school to show my continued interest. Is this a good strategy or should I wait till later in the year?

thanks again for the help!
Wait until wait list season. An update isn't going to do anything for you now.

The schools already know that you're interested...you sent them an app.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you!
What if I interviewed at the schools like a few days ago? Do you think it would be more beneficial to holster it in case of a waitlist position or send it today so that it can be included in my initial scoring?
Have you not sent your thank-you notes? If not, do it soon, and include the update. If you did send your thank-you notes but didn't include the update, then wait. Nothing annoys admissions staff than getting multiple emails that are incremental updates or notifications in a short period of time.

Thank you!
What if I interviewed at the schools like a few days ago? Do you think it would be more beneficial to holster it in case of a waitlist position or send it today so that it can be included in my initial scoring?
They've already made their decision, and this will just come across as desperate and needy.

Status
Not open for further replies.