Should I Send an LoR where my advisor called me attractive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlizzymanMotoAliceLover

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my final LoR and was reading it when I saw my writer called me attractive. She said.....

"There is something about his demeanor that invites others to trust him. Perhaps it is his attractiveness and easy-going nature or his non-judgmental disposition."

I do not need to add this letter. Should I? How bad/weird does this look and does anyone have any experience with this? (I miss moto btw)

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Doesn’t sound like the author was referring to you as “physically attractive.” It shouldn’t be a problem. I think a bigger issue is that you’re reading your letters.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is a great X factor and you need to make sure to send this to every school available.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Doesn’t sound like the author was referring to you as “physically attractive.” It shouldn’t be a problem. I think a bigger issue is that you’re reading your letters.
If OP chose to waive their rights and the writer decided that they would like to send OP a copy of their letter, it's actually perfectly fine.

Reactions: 3 users
I think a bigger issue is that you’re reading your letters.
You'd be surprised at the amount of PIs that 'dont have time' and just let people write their own letters lmao. Wonder if AOs can tell.

Reactions: 1 users
You’re allowed to read your letters as long as the author gives you permission, which it sounds like occurred here

Gonna need pics or I’m assuming you’re lying :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I don't see the need to add this letter

Could be a problem if some of your interviewers have high expectations and are disappointed if you're not all that attractive. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user