Medical Should I submit FAFSA for medical school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to start this off by saying that I am in a very fortunate situation and I acknowledge the immense privilege that even comes with asking a question like this.

That being said, I have been accepted to medical school and am wondering if it makes sense for me to submit a FAFSA and at what parental income threshold it no longer makes sense to submit? I am aware that there are several factors that affect a student's ability to get aid (currently have one sibling in college for example), but just wanted to get a ballpark # from people who have experience with applying.

During undergrad I did not apply for financial aid as I was told that I would not qualify. However, given that medical school is very expensive I will need to take out some loans since I will be financing it mostly myself. Also was wondering if there is a way to indicate on a FAFSA if parents are not planning to contribute even with a high income? Just hoping to minimize loans :(
Just submit the FAFSA. Anything that you would be disqualified from due to your parents' income being so high would also disqualify you for not reporting parental income.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.