Should I submit my old DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well this year I am a reapplicant and last year I did decent on the DAT but I know I can do better. I have been studying for a couple of weeks but I don't feel that I will be completely confident until mid July. I was thinking of submitting my old scores so that my application can be processed early but then retaking it in July and doing better. Last year my Application wasn't done until late August and that killed me I believe so this year I want everything early.

My old scores are

Bio - 20
GC - 18
OC- 18
QR - 17
RC - 18
PAT - 24
TS - 19
AA - 18

Members don't see this ad.

What I worry about is the schools making a decision on mediocre-decent scores before I get to submit better scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah man, your scores are sweet. Go ahead and put them in, you may get accepted before they even get your new DAT scores.

The schools will see your old scores anyway when they recieve your current scores so you might as well put them on the AADSAS application.

Well of course they are going on AADSAS but the real question was whether to have to scores forwarded officially to the school right now and then the new scores would arrive there later after I retook the test. It would cost a little extra money but it might be worth it to have my application complete and looked at earlier than most.

Most dental schools don't start looking at apps until August. So if you re-take the DAT in July, your new scores will get there right when the adcoms start looking at apps. I wouldn't bother sending your old scores in speratly unless you're taking the DAT in October or later.

Yeah man, your scores are sweet. Go ahead and put them in, you may get accepted before they even get your new DAT scores.

That's not possible.