Should I take Biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scarletblack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently graduated from Rutgers and have gotten into a medical school. I know that Biochemistry is highly recommended for medical school but I never took that as a undergrad.

Should I take it before I enter medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I just recently graduated from Rutgers and have gotten into a medical school. I know that Biochemistry is highly recommended for medical school but I never took that as a undergrad.

If you're really concerned about "being prepared" it would be a better idea to just buy a biochem book or step 1 book for that matter. No need to pay more tuition just to "prepare" for med school.

Which courses did you take, and what were your scores?

Members don't see this ad :)

I've heard that Biochem is one of (if not the) most helpful undergrad class, though many on this forum may not think so.

But, since you already graduated, it seems like a possible hassle (and potentially expensive). In your case, I'm not sure how much benefit there would be. I'm sure most people accepted into med school do fine without it.

Well yes, because your first year it revolves mainly around biochem, so it's good and most schools recommend for you to take it. Be ahead of the game.