Scarletblack

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I just recently graduated from Rutgers and have gotten into a medical school. I know that Biochemistry is highly recommended for medical school but I never took that as a undergrad.

Should I take it before I enter medical school?

solo75

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
Status
Medical Student
I just recently graduated from Rutgers and have gotten into a medical school. I know that Biochemistry is highly recommended for medical school but I never took that as a undergrad.

If you're really concerned about "being prepared" it would be a better idea to just buy a biochem book or step 1 book for that matter. No need to pay more tuition just to "prepare" for med school.

May 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical

Which courses did you take, and what were your scores?

Jul 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student

I've heard that Biochem is one of (if not the) most helpful undergrad class, though many on this forum may not think so.

But, since you already graduated, it seems like a possible hassle (and potentially expensive). In your case, I'm not sure how much benefit there would be. I'm sure most people accepted into med school do fine without it.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun
I've heard that Biochem is one of (if not the) most helpful undergrad class
This. However you acquire an understanding of the subject, you will be glad if you do so before getting to med school where the pace of the class is 3 times that of a college course.

torshi

Squirrel
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2010
Well yes, because your first year it revolves mainly around biochem, so it's good and most schools recommend for you to take it. Be ahead of the game.