Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that I have gotten my answer. #2 Is odd for a few reasons- 1 I think what you were trying to say is a fundamentalist or perhaps rigid religious perspective can be harmful. What you said could be taken too liberally, and in a battle of words- semantics are important. 2 It may be because I haven't personally seen it, but do we have an epidemic of religious doctors trying to "pray the gay away" in their patients? Where are you getting this from?1) you don't understand the significance of a scientific theory. Creationism isn't a theory. Saying that evolution is still just a theory is dumb. Gravity is a theory. I would bet anything you believe in gravity as you probably don't jump off buildings. Learn about scoentific hypothesis/theory/law something liberty clearly didn't teach you.
2) doctors can be religious but it can't affect how you treat your patients. Religious perspective can be harmful. If your religion says homosexuality is wrong you still got to treat gay patients and you should make them comfortable and not try to change their sexuality. I doubt lucom doctors will meet that criteria (I hope I'm wrong)
3) its not about dealing with controversy. I'm dealing with it right now. Its about not supporting an institution that has ideals that are harmful. Being in an environment that contradicts my moral code would drive me insane. OP seems to be the same way. OP has a 30 MCAT and doesn't need to go to this school. OP isn't desperate enough to go here. Not attending would be a wise choice.
4) I doubt I will be working with lucom doctors for long as my guess is that it will shut down.