Should I take more classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiBoyy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was looking for some advice regarding whether or not I should take some extra courses during this loooong year while I am applying.
A bit of background: cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.3 MCAT: 30, 2 years research experience, 1500+ hours clinical experience as a scribe (got a DO letter while at it), multiple volunteer trips, no extensive clinical volunteering (working on it, should start in Sept.)
I graduated Dec 2015 and subsequently took 3 classes this past Spring semester per my advisors advice. He thinks I should take more classes now in the Fall.

I don't have money to do a formal post bacc program and my budget pretty much allows for 2 classes at most. Is it even worth doing so at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Was looking for some advice regarding whether or not I should take some extra courses during this loooong year while I am applying.
A bit of background: cGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.3 MCAT: 30, 2 years research experience, 1500+ hours clinical experience as a scribe (got a DO letter while at it), multiple volunteer trips, no extensive clinical volunteering (working on it, should start in Sept.)
I graduated Dec 2015 and subsequently took 3 classes this past Spring semester per my advisors advice. He thinks I should take more classes now in the Fall.

I don't have money to do a formal post bacc program and my budget pretty much allows for 2 classes at most. Is it even worth doing so at this point?

I say No

Members don't see this ad :)
The best you can do retake those classes where you gotten C or below in order to boost your GPA.

Welp, guess that answers that.

Just on the basis, that your stats and ECs are good for DO as is. Maybe take classes next spring if you're keen on it. I would imagine you will get busy this fall with the app season.

Yeah Id like to keep my schedule as open as possible these next few months for potential interviews down the line since I am working still. These are classes I have a particular interest regardless of whether or not they help my app.
Thanks for the input everyone.