Should I take my luggage to my interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phopho

Reaction score
This might be a very stupid question, but where should I keep my luggage during interview if I'm traveling by flight? My plan is to be there a day before my interview and leave right after it ends, which means that I'll have to check out by latest noon and I just don't know where I should keep my stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I would asked the lobby if it’s ok to put the luggage there when you check out.
I did that last year and it’s fine with them.
No, i don’t recommend bringing it to the interview. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to not go to my ortho interviews with luggage, as that was one extra thing to carry and I didn't want to be sweaty from lugging it around. However, in a few instances, I had no choice. Luckily, my luggage is carry-on size.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen interviewees bring their luggage to interviews. Now it probably won’t affect you on paper, but I must admit it’s a bad look. You probably don’t want to be the person the admissions committee says “it’s the one who brought their luggage to the interview”

Why not just get a rental car and keep it in the car? That way you don't have to uber everywhere and you can store your luggage.

I flew out immediately after several interviews. Most schools had a spot set up for people's luggage and I certainly wasn't the only one to use it. Not sure why others think it's a concern.

Reactions: 3 users
^ I agree with @ab117.

Hotels will let you keep your luggage in a luggage room. If you have enough time to get back to the hotel following your interview, that's probably your best option.

That said, I brought my luggage to most of my interviews because several of my flights were immediately after the interview. I was never the only person to do so, and each school had a designated place for luggage.

Last edited:
Lol it is not a concern at all. I was freaking out about bringing my luggage after reading over a post like this on SDN....

I bought it and people were cool with it. They will have spots for your luggage and other interviewees that don’t go on SDN will have their luggage

Most hotels will let you store your luggage behind the front desk. You can also reach out to the dental school to see if they'll let you store your luggage. I know that UConn and Iowa will store your luggage. If you've confirmed with the school that they can store your luggage, when you arrive, just ask whoever you check in with where to store your luggage and they'll handle it. Very easy and I know many applicants who brought their luggage. It wasn't an issue.