Should I take the biochem lab?

Started by 442627
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4

442627

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I've already taken biochem lecture but havn't taken the lab because my chemistry: health sciences degree doesn't require it. The thing is, it conflicts with a lower division microbiology course that I want to take and biochem lab is only offered fall semesters. However, I'm also taking an upper division microbiology course at the same time because I just want to take as many biology classes as possible next semester.

Should I drop lower div microbio and take up biochem lab instead then take the lower div microbio spring 2017?

JFYI, I took a lower div microbio course at a community college a long time ago and received a C. That's why I want to retake it at my university.
 
Hey all,

I've already taken biochem lecture but havn't taken the lab because my chemistry: health sciences degree doesn't require it. The thing is, it conflicts with a lower division microbiology course that I want to take and biochem lab is only offered fall semesters. However, I'm also taking an upper division microbiology course at the same time because I just want to take as many biology classes as possible next semester.

Should I drop lower div microbio and take up biochem lab instead then take the lower div microbio spring 2017?

JFYI, I took a lower div microbio course at a community college a long time ago and received a C. That's why I want to retake it at my university.
Some schools do not require BCH lab. Look at the list of schools you want to apply to. I personally never took BCH lab
 
Some schools do not require BCH lab. Look at the list of schools you want to apply to. I personally never took BCH lab

I know it's not required. I just thought it would make me look slightly better on my app. I'm just wondering if it's even worth it.
 
I'm taking biochemistry this summer. A lab was offered but it's not required so I didn't sign up for it. Lots of universities don't even offer labs for biochemistry. I wouldn't take it personally if I were you. There are way easier ways to boost a GPA than with a biochemistry lab. Again, this is just my opinion. I don't think it'll make you stand out. It's one of those situations where all it can do is bring you down if you don't make an A.