Should I take this class Pass/No Pass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AzN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently taking a GE class which I am not doing too well in and seems to be consuming a lot of my study time. I was wondering if I should take it Pass/No Pass instead, so I could be spending more time on O Chem II / Physics II? Does ADCOM take this as a bad thing?

Should I take a Pass instead of a B-/C+?

Thank you :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

When you say take it Pass/No Pass instead... Do you mean withdraw from this course and take it again later under a different grade structure? Or are you able to change the grade structure mid-semester? Not familiar with this.

If you're considering withdrawing and re-taking it as P/F, I personally would just take the B-.

When you say take it Pass/No Pass instead... Do you mean withdraw from this course and take it again later under a different grade structure? Or are you able to change the grade structure mid-semester? Not familiar with this.

If you're considering withdrawing and re-taking it as P/F, I personally would just take the B-.
They typically give you about a month to change grading system. To OP, I am also considering taking p/np for one of my classes. Just make sure you talk to your major advisor if needed. Also, I dont know if you are graduating this year but schools only allow a certain number of units from pass/no pass.

Hi there,

I am currently taking a GE class which I am not doing too well in and seems to be consuming a lot of my study time. I was wondering if I should take it Pass/No Pass instead, so I could be spending more time on O Chem II / Physics II? Does ADCOM take this as a bad thing?

Should I take a Pass instead of a B-/C+?

Thank you :xf:

Depends. If you know for sure you can get a B- or better, I would stick it out. If there is any chance of you getting a C+ or lower, I would P/F without a doubt.