Should i take this load for next semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gl4di4tor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I take:
Intro Spanish
PreCalculus
Intro Physics
General Chemistry
General Sciene
Psych 101
Total: 21 credits
All during next semester, has any taken this many science classes before in one semester? iF so is it possible to get 4.0 with this setup? TIA

*BTW, i plan on working part time, doing some volunteer and maybe shadow a dentist also.

Members don't see this ad.

Gl4di4tor said:
Should I take:
Intro Spanish
PreCalculus
Intro Physics
General Chemistry
General Sciene
Psych 101
All during next semester, has any taken this many science classes before in one semester? iF so is it possible to get 4.0 with this setup? TIA

*BTW, i plan on working part time, doing some volunteer and maybe shadow a dentist also.

Go for it, you can do it. Focus on chem and physics more. Once I remember taking 20 credits, four 400 level science courses, 2 labs, and one stupid class, now that was a bad idea. But you'll be fine.

Gl4di4tor said:
Should I take:
Intro Spanish
PreCalculus
Intro Physics
General Chemistry
General Sciene
Psych 101

It's doable...don't know about a 4.0, but they're all intro courses, which aren't too bad. but if you want to do other things like working and volunteering, you're definitely gonna have a hard time. Why are you taking this many classes anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
Gl4di4tor said:
Should I take:
Intro Spanish
PreCalculus
Intro Physics
General Chemistry
General Sciene
Psych 101

I go to a quarter school for the last 2 yrs i've taken 21-23 credit hours which i think is a stretch, thats about 5 classes a quarter.

Honestly there are alot of variables involved such as how smart you are, are you used to this intense work load. 3 science classes at a time ususally become a stretch doesnt matter who you are because its alot of material.

It sounds like your a freshman with good intentions but dont set yourself up for failure. Do well in your first two years because this is significantly influencene your GPA. Balance your academics with extracurriculars. Enjoy your undergrad career because you only get one.

I would do this 2 science, 1-2 GEC, work and do extracurriculars and volunteer work.

I agree with Rajan247.

I have taken 5 science classes in one semester, but it wasn't fun. If this is your first semester, try not to over do it. You don't want to have to dig yourself out of a poor gpa. There are alot of things to adjust to in college besides the course work.

You have the right idea by getting involved with extracurriculars. I know this is corny, but its the truth....Its the stuff outside the classroom that often teaches you the most.

Good Luck!

THanks guys.

I decided to drop the General Science course.

I feell I'm really focused this time around and have started to study the textbooks already [during my winter break]. Wish my luck guys, once the semester starts I'm gonna have to go into a science trance.

Gl4di4tor said:
THanks guys.

I decided to drop the General Science course.

I feell I'm really focused this time around and have started to study the textbooks already [during my winter break]. Wish my luck guys, once the semester starts I'm gonna have to go into a science trance.

Let us know how you do.
g-luck

raj

hehehe. gool ol college days. dont stress yourself too much though if you are freshman. this is a marathon, not a sprint. pace yourself! dont burn yourself out!

I'd take 14-15 credits...that way, you can have a better chance at a 4.0. Its the grades that matter, not the credits per semester.

Rezdawg said:
I'd take 14-15 credits...that way, you can have a better chance at a 4.0. Its the grades that matter, not the credits per semester.

yep, dental schools always say they take into consideration how many course loads you've put yourself thru; but more or less that's b*llshlt. just get A's and B's. in the end, when it's all said and done, it's the numbers that count.

the pre-med/dental advisor at my school said he wouldnt recommend more than 3 science courses at a time. plus, since they are intro courses, you dont have any idea if you are good in those subjects or maybe even how to study for them. i'd say take 3 science courses and 2 gen-eds (maybe 3) and youll have a better chance at a 4.0.