Should I Update This Through AACOMAS or Directly to Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VeeTeeHokies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So since I've applied I have finished a month long internship with the American Medical Student Association working on a social networking site for premed and medical students that is focused on enabling people with similar interests to work on projects together despite being geographically remote (run on sentence for sure).

I have also planned, organized, and presented at a medical student conference in Philadelphia.

Do I get in touch with AACOMAS to update this on the activities section of my primaries? OR do I send a letter to each school individually?

When you guys send letters to all of the schools you have applied to, do you personalize them in some way or do you make one uniform letter to send out?

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

So since I've applied I have finished a month long internship with the American Medical Student Association working on a social networking site for premed and medical students that is focused on enabling people with similar interests to work on projects together despite being geographically remote (run on sentence for sure).

I have also planned, organized, and presented at a medical student conference in Philadelphia.

Do I get in touch with AACOMAS to update this on the activities section of my primaries? OR do I send a letter to each school individually?

When you guys send letters to all of the schools you have applied to, do you personalize them in some way or do you make one uniform letter to send out?

Thanks for the advice!

Honestly for anything outside of grades I plan on mailing the school directly. Grades I am still going to mail the school but also send to AACOMAS so they can verify what I have said and re-send it to schools.

Honestly for anything outside of grades I plan on mailing the school directly. Grades I am still going to mail the school but also send to AACOMAS so they can verify what I have said and re-send it to schools.

Haha, I was waiting for you to post on this... You're the resident school contacting professional. I was pretty sure that's what I should do anyway, but just wanted some confirmation. Thanks! :thumbup:

Haha, I was waiting for you to post on this... You're the resident school contacting professional. I was pretty sure that's what I should do anyway, but just wanted some confirmation. Thanks! :thumbup:

In my opinion it is more convenient to simply submit it once to AACOMAS but it seems much more professional in my opinion to mail the school directly in the form of a letter. If you are concerned one way or the other you could always give a couple of schools a call and see what they prefer. Since many haven't begun processing yet they may prefer if you e-mail it to them or if you do submit it through AACOMAS. My updates won't begin until the end of the month so by then everyone should be processing and such.