Should I upgrade my PDA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neutropeniaboy

Blasted ENT Attending
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a Palm V -- the one with 2 MB of memory. I used it (qRx, qID) extensively during my third year of school and rarely my 4th year (except for endless rounds of Galax during Neurology grand rounds). At this point, I'm deleting more than I'm adding because ePocrates is getting larger, and there are some interesting newer things out there for the palm os.

I sound like I've answered my own question, but I don't want to dish out $300-$400 for a new Palm if I'm not going to use it.

So, interns and beyond, how often do you find yourself using your Palms -- for medical reasons, that is?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't know how much med students or residents use them in their work, but... have you thought about simply getting a memory card, which can easily expand your hard-drive at a relatively affordable cost ($100-125), rather than shelling out double that amount to get a newer version?

Palm V is still a decent model, and I don't think it's much of an upgrade to get a newer model, just to get the color effect (like m505).