PathforwardtoDPT

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Should I wait for all transcripts to be received by PTCAS before I submit? I've heard different answers on this, even from PTCAS staff. It makes more sense to me to wait, but I'm itching to submit due to rolling admissions. I have everything else completed except transcripts.

Also, I'm in the midst of taking a non-core prereq course that won't have grades posted until mid august. Assuming I have all transcripts received, should I just submit asap with the class listed as "in progress" or should I wait until I get the official grades (mid-aug + official transcript process time)? Again, I'm afraid of waiting that long because of rolling admissions.

beyoutiful_sunshine

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2015
Huntsville, Tx
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
You can and you should submit your application once you have everything completed and not wait for PTCAS to receive everything. That's what they state on their website.

However, if you submit your application now, the grade you received in your pre-req that will come in August won't show and you won't have the option to update your transcript until December.
Which is why you probably received different responses from the PTCAS staff.

The bottom line is: if you want your summer grades to show on your transcript (ex. You want to boost your GPA, you want to show you completed all pre-reqs or whatever the case may be) wait till Mid-August for that transcript to be available.
If you do not need your summer grades on your transcript, just submit it now :)

OP
PathforwardtoDPT

PathforwardtoDPT

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
You can and you should submit your application once you have everything completed and not wait for PTCAS to receive everything. That's what they state on their website.

However, if you submit your application now, the grade you received in your pre-req that will come in August won't show and you won't have the option to update your transcript until December.
Which is why you probably received different responses from the PTCAS staff.

The bottom line is: if you want your summer grades to show on your transcript (ex. You want to boost your GPA, you want to show you completed all pre-reqs or whatever the case may be) wait till Mid-August for that transcript to be available.
If you do not need your summer grades on your transcript, just submit it now :)
That clarifies things. Thank you, as usual!