Should I wait for my summer grades before submitting primary application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soogreat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is on June 18th and the score will be released on July 20th.
I was going to submit my application to get verified and complete the primary on July 20th as soon as I receive my MCAT score.

I will also take one summer class which ends on July 15th and the school website says I will be able to get my final grade on July 22nd.
I was going to add this class as a current/future course on the application, but do I have to wait for this summer grade and send this grade/transcript to AMCAS?

If I have to send a transcript with this summer class grade, I believe I have to wait one or two more weeks until AMCAS receives it and I am afraid it will further delay my application which is already delayed due to my late MCAT test date.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, just submit. One class isn't going to make any real difference, but will just delay you further.

Reactions: 1 user
My MCAT is on June 18th and the score will be released on July 20th.
I was going to submit my application to get verified and complete the primary on July 20th as soon as I receive my MCAT score.

I will also take one summer class which ends on July 15th and the school website says I will be able to get my final grade on July 22nd.
I was going to add this class as a current/future course on the application, but do I have to wait for this summer grade and send this grade/transcript to AMCAS?

If I have to send a transcript with this summer class grade, I believe I have to wait one or two more weeks until AMCAS receives it and I am afraid it will further delay my application which is already delayed due to my late MCAT test date.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
I'm confused. Are you saying you are not going to submit until 7/20?

In that case, you will probably not be verified until after Labor Day, in which case I'm not sure an extra week or two is going to matter. If you are going to wait, you won't add the class as CC, you'll add it as Summer 2021 and you'll wait until the grade is available before submitting your transcript. Otherwise, you'll add it as CC now, submit your transcript now, and submit your application now (or soon) to a throwaway so that you can be verified sometime in July or August.

Reactions: 1 user