Medical Should I wait on MCAT retake to submit application?


About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2011
7,235
3,664
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
If my app is ready, should I submit tomorrow or wait until after I retake the MCAT on July 7th? I have a previous score of 495 from last summer and my practice test scores are currently >505 with 6 weeks of studying to go. My app will have that new date listed as pending, but I don't want to be pre-screened out.
In my opinion, if it's your second attempt, you can submit your application now and mark that your new score is pending. You better do at least 10 points better, but the higher your score the better.
 

tantacles

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2009
9,167
3,652
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If my app is ready, should I submit tomorrow or wait until after I retake the MCAT on July 7th? I have a previous score of 495 from last summer and my practice test scores are currently >505 with 6 weeks of studying to go. My app will have that new date listed as pending, but I don't want to be pre-screened out.

If I were you, I'd submit my primary to ONE SCHOOL so that it gets processed and then not submit any secondaries until you know your MCAT is adequate. You can add on more schools if your MCAT is adequate.
 
Jun 11, 2010
66,167
101,958
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I think I will apply to 1 MD school to get verified from AMCAS early. I'll add more later after my new MCAT score comes back. What about DO schools? I'm planning to apply to 8, should I wait to submit my AACOMAS app too?
Yup, do the same thing. One school that you have no intention of attending, like LMU.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.