Should I wait to get background checked after being accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisabeela

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from AMCAS to get my background checked with Certiphi but i was wondering if i should wait until i get an acceptance or an interview before completing my background check? Just want to avoid paying for it if i don't get accepted this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email from AMCAS to get my background checked with Certiphi but i was wondering if i should wait until i get an acceptance or an interview before completing my background check? Just want to avoid paying for it if i don't get accepted this year.

I think you're misunderstanding the email.

What they're saying is, after your accepted, you will be automatically enrolled for a background check in order to matriculate to schools that require it (not all do).

You however have the option of having the same background check agency perform a private check on you, so you're aware of whatever they might pull up on you, if you were unsure if say, you had a misdemeanor as a teen and wanted to know if you should report this to schools, or address it in secondaries. Whether you do this or not is ultimately irrelevant because the schools will have the service conduct a check on you before you matriculate regardless.

Reactions: 1 users