Should I wait to submit my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldiva27

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am mostly done with my application just have a few little things to finish up yet but my transcripts have been received, I got my LOR in, and have written my PS. However, I just got selected to participate in a volunteering dental project to help unserved communities in my state. This project isn't until the end of July but I feel like having this on my application would strengthen it and really show my commitment. I can't add it to my EC yet so should I wait until after this project to submit my application? I also am not taking my DAT until July 20th so presumably my application wouldn't be processed until my scores are uploaded.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you're completely lacking in volunteer hours I don't think a volunteering dental project is going to make or break your application. I'd submit now if everything else is ready. Is there a way you can indicate it's a planned activity for the future?

Unless you're completely lacking in volunteer hours I don't think a volunteering dental project is going to make or break your application. I'd submit now if everything else is ready. Is there a way you can indicate it's a planned activity for the future?

I have a lot of volunteer experience already but this is volunteering opportunity is through VCU School of Dentistry. Being that this is one of my top choices for dental schools, I really feel like this would boost my application since I am out of state. I can add it to my planned activities but can't really fill out the experience portion since I'm not sure what exactly I will be doing yet.

I have a lot of volunteer experience already but this is volunteering opportunity is through VCU School of Dentistry. Being that this is one of my top choices for dental schools, I really feel like this would boost my application since I am out of state. I can add it to my planned activities but can't really fill out the experience portion since I'm not sure what exactly I will be doing yet.
Hm I know "planned" activites don't count but if it were me I'd put just put it in there. Make sure you indicate the start date and for the description just write down what the program is called, supervisor, etc. I don't think it would hurt you since you did get in already. But that's just me..Thoughts?