Should I Withdraw My Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1118530

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are under no obligation to interview with those schools if they offer you one. If you have already submitted, you should proceed with the cycle. Having a few schools on your list you don't like should not be the reason you withdraw your app.

Reactions: 1 users
If you haven’t submitted secondaries for those schools, then you can just not finish them for now. If there’s an online way to withdraw, you can for peace of mind, but I assume most admissions offices are flooded with emails right now.

There’s no penalty for not completing an app or turning down the interview later. You can also attend an interview and withdraw afterwards if you still aren’t convinced by the school. I was definitely pleasantly caught off guard by some schools I interviewed at but didn’t initially have high on my list.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to withdraw my entire application, but rather contact the schools that I wouldn't really be excited about attending and let them know I would not like to be considered anymore. Do you think this would be a good idea?
From reading your post again, you want to avoid being blacklisted in the event you have to reapply the following year. If they are suitable enough for you to add on a reapplication, I see no reason for you not to continue with them this year. Applicants overestimate their ability to score higher on the MCAT, and even scoring 4 points more is likely to not move the needle enough if your ideal schools didn't interview you. Agreed with the above that you can just not submit secondaries if there are some remaining.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
As previously mentioned, the application process is long and you can drop out any time before you interview. Just because you paid money to submit your primary application does not mean you have to send them supplemental fee money if you really don't want to go there. You'd be shocked how many applications remain incomplete like this for every admissions office.