Should I withdraw my TMDSAS application before it is transmitted?

Orville

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm hoping y'all can give me some advice. I submitted my application to TMDSAS with all supporting documents on 8/24, which I know is super late. I was under the impression that I would only be at a mild disadvantage, but after talking with a friend in med school he told me I'd be better off waiting until next year and submitting day 1. Should I withdraw my app before it is transmitted to schools? This would prevent me from being a re-applicant next year. Or should I leave it alone and hope for the best?

My stats: sGPA 3.70, cGPA 3.76, MCAT 504 (125, 128, 125, 126).
150 hours hospice volunteering, 50ish hrs shadowing, 1500 hrs volunteering through church, currently working in biomedical research, I tutor disadvantaged kids but only 30 hrs so far, have a unique sports EC, think iron man type event. TX resident.

I was planning to retake the MCAT early next year if I didn't get any interviews but now I'm thinking maybe I should just withdraw and really focus on a retake. I felt like I under performed since I scored a 508 and a 510 on AAMC practice tests 1 and 2 respectively. The real thing was much harder in my opinion.

I appreciate any input.

About the Ads

Orville

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You are late
You have low MCAT
You have low volunteering

3 strikes: Withdraw
Ok, thanks. I'm withdrawing. One more thing, do you think DO schools are out of the question this late?

Orville

5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thank you all for your advice! I really want to go to a Texas school because of the lower cost but I like many things about the DO philosophy. I'm just not sure it's worth more than double the price. I have some thinking to do.

biochemgirl22

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thank you all for your advice! I really want to go to a Texas school because of the lower cost but I like many things about the DO philosophy. I'm just not sure it's worth more than double the price. I have some thinking to do.

I think you have decent chances at TCOM and maybe even a few others. You hit all the numbers for them.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.