Should I withdraw my TMDSAS application before it is transmitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orville

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping y'all can give me some advice. I submitted my application to TMDSAS with all supporting documents on 8/24, which I know is super late. I was under the impression that I would only be at a mild disadvantage, but after talking with a friend in med school he told me I'd be better off waiting until next year and submitting day 1. Should I withdraw my app before it is transmitted to schools? This would prevent me from being a re-applicant next year. Or should I leave it alone and hope for the best?

My stats: sGPA 3.70, cGPA 3.76, MCAT 504 (125, 128, 125, 126).
150 hours hospice volunteering, 50ish hrs shadowing, 1500 hrs volunteering through church, currently working in biomedical research, I tutor disadvantaged kids but only 30 hrs so far, have a unique sports EC, think iron man type event. TX resident.

I was planning to retake the MCAT early next year if I didn't get any interviews but now I'm thinking maybe I should just withdraw and really focus on a retake. I felt like I under performed since I scored a 508 and a 510 on AAMC practice tests 1 and 2 respectively. The real thing was much harder in my opinion.

I appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

You are late
You have low MCAT
You have low volunteering

3 strikes: Withdraw
Ok, thanks. I'm withdrawing. One more thing, do you think DO schools are out of the question this late?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are late
You have low MCAT
You have low volunteering

3 strikes: Withdraw

His 150 clinical and 1500 non-clinical is considered low volunteering?

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all for your advice! I really want to go to a Texas school because of the lower cost but I like many things about the DO philosophy. I'm just not sure it's worth more than double the price. I have some thinking to do.

Thank you all for your advice! I really want to go to a Texas school because of the lower cost but I like many things about the DO philosophy. I'm just not sure it's worth more than double the price. I have some thinking to do.

I think you have decent chances at TCOM and maybe even a few others. You hit all the numbers for them.

Reactions: 1 user