college123please

5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I always planned on working for my parents after dental school (they each own their own practice) but now I’m wondering if I should look for an associate job to see how other people do things and run their office? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TanMan

15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
I always planned on working for my parents after dental school (they each own their own practice) but now I’m wondering if I should look for an associate job to see how other people do things and run their office? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It depends on what the working terms would be at your parent(s) office, if they are slow or efficient, and if they have enough patients. Sure, it would be nice if you could have their office someday, but if it's a slow 2 op clunker that makes almost no money, you might as well work for someone who can give you as many patients as possible. The exception to that would be if it's a fixer-upper and they let you fix it up and reap the rewards. I learned not to rely on parents - in most instances, it's not worth it.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.