Medical Should in talk about improved MCAT score in prompt: "please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'd like to first thank you all for all the help and advice you've given me; I appreciate it all.

Regarding this question on secondaries, would scoring a significantly lower on my first MCAT as opposed to my second (>10 point difference) be something admissions committee members want to see explained here?/ Is this even necessary to explain or address in my application?

I honestly feel like I was just not well-prepared my first time and that was a mistake of mine- I should have rescheduled to take it later but didn't because I was hoping for the best (dumb decision, in hindsight). However, I'm not sure if there even is much of an explanation there and would just paint me as an unfavorable applicant, so I am leaning towards leaving this blank.
Be proud of your MCAT improvement, and let them ask you in an interview (if they decide they want to). Don't answer this prompt that way.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with the above. I wouldn’t highlight this and if they give you an opportunity in an interview, then explain it. It’s much easier (I think) to talk to someone face to face and explain something like this than writing something. You can always spin this into a positive too. Just make sure you have a pre thought out answer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.