Should we put $ amounts for grants/scholarships/awards?

Started by begoood95
Tags Tags
amcas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

begoood95

The Friendly Gunner™
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The time to apply is coming fast, and I was wondering whether or not it's advisable to place dollar amounts of awards/scholarships/grants/etc when listing them on the AMCAS.
  • For those who have applied, is there a specific place for that, and if not, did you list dollar amounts?
  • For our overlord adcomms, does it really matter?
I'd think that a grant totaling $10,000 is quite different than one rewarding $250. So, really, the question is whether or not placing the monetary amount of these things makes a difference.
 
I did not. There is a place to put how much aid you received in another part of the application I believe.
 
There is a section that asks what percentage of your education was funded by need aid, merit aid, work etc.

I would only name scholarships that were a significant contribution towards tuition costs for you, not anything for a few hundred dollars.