Show Yourselves, and be proud Pritzker Class of 2008!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lab-Rat21

Big Pimpin'Spendin' CHEEZ
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a shout out to you guys, hope you post in this thread and make it your own. Use it to list yourself and maybe PM each other for housing and other info!

Then hide your SDN identities when you get to school in the Fall (all do).

Look forward to meeting you...:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Lab-rat,

Seems as though there a lot of MIA Class of 2008 peeps. I got a bulk email from Pritzker that I believe was only addressed to people who deferred, and there were 8 addresses on the list... Does this seem like a lot of people that chose to defer for a year?

I'm still waiting post-interview. Bah humbug.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't wait to meet all my new classmates in September!!
I nearly had a heart attack when I received the acceptance call from Dean Robertson

when did you receive the phone call? and when did you interview?

QCREW, what's your story? Tell us a bit about yourself, eh?

You're the first class of '08 person I've heard of...you know of any others?

When did ya graduate?

I interviewed on 1/12 and got the phone call last Thursday.

For those still waiting, stay strong , best of luck, and hopefully I will see you at orientation in September.

A little about me:

I was born and raised in Chicago and went to undergrad in the city (DePaul University). I graduated in 2002 and have spent the last two years living in Maryland and working at the NIH.

I cannot express enough how excited I am to have the opportunity to come back to Chicago (the best city in my biased opinion:) ) and meet my classmates.

I don't know any other people in our class, but hopefully that will change in the near future.

Alright, I suppose I should share a bit, too.

I'm not from Chicago, but I went to school just outside it, then moved into the city (a short walk from DePaul) after I graduated in 2002 to work at NU Med School doing research. I applied during this time and I remember getting THE CALL from a first year med student while in my lab. Good times. I wasn't quite ready to head off to med school yet, so now I'm in Japan teaching English. I think it's been a good decision so far, and I think I'll be that much more ready when classes start in September.

Can't wait to hear from more of ya!
:D

I'm actually at another school interviewing today, but my hubby text messaged me with a 773 number to call...I got in! I was trying not to get my hopes up after being waitlisted at Northwestern, but I am totally stoked.

mini-background:
-grew up in Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates.
-attended MIT- received BS, MS EE in 1996.
-lived/worked in industry in Arizona for 5+ years.
-postbacc'd 2002-3 at ASU.
-ready to come back to Windy City.
-need to find hubby a good job in tech (he's still an engineer)
-3/5 brothers still live in IL...2 went to UC for grad school (JD&MBA) so it's HAT-TRICK time!

Looking forward to meeting you guys in the fall.

Congrats, OldLady!

Yup, I'm looking forward to heading back to the windy city, too.

By the way, how's Scrubs lately? I get an occasionally videotape from friends/family in the states, but I haven't gotten one since JD started dating Tara Reid. I read the episodes synopses on nbc.com, and it seems to be awefully serious... Is Doc Cox still funny?

So I am now doing an Ethics Essay but I made it through another quarter...you guys sound very non-trad. I think my class is also like that; I also took a year off and most of my classmates did to.

I can't wait to meet you guys, and start looking for housing EARLY, again this is so important in Hyde Park, the good stuff goes fast, so look early and avoid Grad Student Housing through U of Chicago, they tend to have really good and really bad stuff, no in between really...

I recommend this site:

http://marketplace.uchicago.edu

It has a good variety of places.

Good luck, and relax the hardest part is getting in...(Fall quarter is doable).

:cool:

Originally posted by ejs064

By the way, how's Scrubs lately? I get an occasionally videotape from friends/family in the states, but I haven't gotten one since JD started dating Tara Reid. I read the episodes synopses on nbc.com, and it seems to be awefully serious... Is Doc Cox still funny?

Nah. Dr Cox is still funny. The thing with his brother-in-law dying was a downer but the show gets quirkier and funnier all the time. I don't get to see it all the time but I try and catch up.

BANANA HAMMOCK!

If you did not realize the importance of housing, read this again. It is important to look early, so you do not get a ghetto living situation in hyde park.

See http://marketplace.uchicago.edu

And I recommend www.regentspark.org if you do not care about living close to campus; if you Pritzker2008 can get a group going, you may get vouchers for money off rent...Good luck

Look forward to meeting you, and do plan on Second Look, Revisits if you are unsure yet, between schools, or just want to see the area before Fall and look around for places...call Sylvia to set something up.
:cool:

Just wondering who's still holding acceptances here and plans to attend Pritzker this fall?

Looks like the O-week plan is coming along. Did you get the email? The site is here.

Anyone thinking of living there? Is anyone planning attending Pritzker and lives in Chicago now OR is able to talk to Regent's Park about negotiating a deal on rates for the Class of 2008? PM me if you are thinking about living here so we can get this moving. I am all the way in AZ so I was hoping someone closeby could get us going. I will likely be coming out solo at first (I am married), so I would *love* to live near other classmates/Med Students and get some community going.

OK. Ive been accepted to Univ. of Chicago and USC. THis is a big decision for me since I am born and raised in Cali. Here are my advantages and disadvantagtes of each school. I know yall are biased but I wanted your opinion. Can you help me out?

USC = California. My home. My love. Its where Ive lived all my life. Family, friends, culture, y mucho sol. Undergrad campus far away. I went there for undergrad and wouldnt mind checking out another art of the US for 4 years since I know I will be settling down in Cali.

Univ. of Chicago = Its got the name and it lives up to it pretty well. Chicago. Cool location. Ive heard many good things about the city. Not too far from Cali (unlike Rochester) so I can take a quick flight home. Its got an undergrad campus next door which is nice. But Ive heard USC has a better hospitol for clinical rotations.

What do yall think?

Is anyone else on sdn planning on going to Pritzker? Bueller?

Hey Ive decided on Pritzker WOOP WOOP! Anybody interested in this apt. I need two other roomates.

3 bedroom/2 bath rehabbed apartment
hardwood floors
Washer/dryer in unit
central air and heat
dishwasher
cable ready
geart closet space
basement storage
pets allowed if kept in unit
Deck
Water included

$1500.00 per month( negotiable if rent is payed up a few months in advance) 1
month securit deposit. Renters responsible for gas and electric. Available as
soon as you need it.
Contact Akara @ (773)684-5198
Akara

Where did you find that listing? Just wondering where everyone is doing there apartment hunting research. I'm looking for a 3br, too.
Thanks!
Mia :)

Apartment hunting is sure difficult to do 6,000 miles away... Anybody wanna do it for me?

Actually, I think I'm going to try to buy a condo. I found a website -- citicondo.com. It seems to have some stuff in the Hyde Park/Kenwood/Woodlawn area. Hopefully real estate prices rise, seeing as though the value of the yen is NOT rising... DOH!

I filled out the roomate search form but I will be out of the country on a caool research program from June 13th to July 23rd. Im flying to Chicago on July 24th to secure an apartment. Im not sure if I will be able to take advantage of the roomate search program. Anybody know of some good apartments and need a male roomate?

Danny TL