SHSU v El Paso (Texas Match)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OhanaLlamaAlabama0339

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic application cycle. I'm struggling to decide the rankings for Sam Houston State D.O school (SHSU) and El Paso M.D school. Can someone please give me advice/insights on how I should rank them? Here are some pros and cons between the two:

- Sam Houston D.O
Pro: 1. Recently got state funding so tuition is now very affordable
2. Located in Conroe (kinda close to Houston)
3. If I go here I don't have to worry about housing (Family members offered to house me)
Con:
1. New school so they don't have a Match list yet
2. Have to travel far for clinicals

- El Paso M.D
Pro: 1. Affordable tuition + rent
2. More established institution
3. Students here are very friendly and there are lots of outdoor activities
Con: 1. FAR AWAY from the Texas triangle

I appreciate any help and input! Thank you!