Side Hustles as a Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I am very easy on the eyes! HAHA

29. Modeling

Are you easy on the eyes? If so, you could make some extra cash by modeling. Sometimes, local photographers are in need of subjects to strike a pose for advertisements.

Guess who's willing to wear a red satin dress shirt with jeans and red sneakers. My man, Alex Barker, PharmD, PGY-3 in fashion. He's well into his late twenties, but that doesn't stop him from dressing like he's in middle school.
rsz_alex28_copy-1.jpg

Does this photo project strength, leadership, and confidence? Do you trust this man(?) to motivate and lead you to greater heights? Are you ready to make cash, party hard, and make love with the most beautiful people in the world? Then look no further than Alex Barker, alpha male, lady-killer, and future president of these United States!

If you're wondering, this photo is actually from his side hustle/personal coaching website. Yes, this guy actually has a website dedicated to his side hustle as a motivational coach. And yes, the website looks slimy as hell.

Alex Barker said:
I help busy professionals build successful side-businesses at warp speed.

After multiple failures over 3 years in business, here's the summary of what I've learned:

Fall in love with Action (over Results)
Take action alone = go slow
Take action with help = see results fast

The difference between wasting three years and building a profitable business
is a coach.

Was that too mild. Well, it gets more vile as he tries desperately to separate you from your hard earned cash.

Alex Barker said:
Here’s how I will help you get ahead in life and work
There is a huge gap between working full time and running a successful job-free income business. I’m here to bridge that gap.

Here’s the deal:
I believe busy full time workers who want to build a successful side income business MUST become experts in a lot of areas fast.

You must listen to the right people online, the experts who will show you step by step formulas for growing a side business.

Instead of reading hundreds of books, listening to the podcast carousel of “experts” that are trying to sell you on a product, and trying strategies from gurus who are doing entrepreneurship full time unlike you…

…subscribe to our step by step formulas and you’ll get proven strategies that I use to grow my business. I have a free course for you on how you can get started.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The jeans are saying, "time to mow the lawn", but the shirt is saying, "cocktails at the Playboy Mansion".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
lol at this guy's website....Side Hustle Coach?? He seems so shady. Who would actually fall for that kind of scam? What a stupid website, just like so many other stupid scam site, full with customer review of how much he taught them make per month, how success they become after his coach. And look at the freaking graph he created by himself: "Take a look at this chart I created. It compares my business revenue and coaching investments over the last 4 years". What, are we supposed to believe in whatever number you throw in in the chart? This is so ridiculous.

Why scam business's website all look so similar and stupid yet so many people fall for that, it really annoys me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly if you buy into ebooks that train you how to motivate yourself or perform a volatile trade like that, you deserve to be scammed. You don't need to pay someone else to teach something Google can teach better (aka 75% of my college education).

I see his posts on the Pharmacy Times advertising about his site.

Reactions: 1 user
I know I need to find something like this I can make a decent amount of money but still be a net loss.

Some people play with the numbers:

(1) year 1: spend $10 k, loss $9 k
(2) year 2: spend $20 k, loss $18 k
(3) year 3, 4, 5: spend $1 k, profit $1 k

You don't think the IRS is not going to notice? If you are going to start something, you better do it right.

Obviously starting a trash picking company is a real business. Trying to become a professional gambler or some YouTuber may just be a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ok this is what I do:

1. Work OT and prn. $40-50k/yr. This is easy low hanging fruit because it doesn't require any additional qualifications like starting off in a different field.

2. Get all your debts and mortgage paid off so you can plow $50-70k/yr into stock market investments. Of course, you will start off small but after a few years you'll be making $10-50k/yr and it will continue to compound.

Some people will say keep your loans and mortgage so that you have more leverage, but I don't think this works well in practice because the payments will hinder your cashflow. Plus if the market and economy go south and you get laid off, how will you make the loan payments?

3. Keep your expenses under control but don't forget to reward yourself every now and then.

Ok this is what I do:

1. Work OT and prn. $40-50k/yr. This is easy low hanging fruit because it doesn't require any additional qualifications like starting off in a different field.

2. Get all your debts and mortgage paid off so you can plow $50-70k/yr into stock market investments. Of course, you will start off small but after a few years you'll be making $10-50k/yr and it will continue to compound.

Some people will say keep your loans and mortgage so that you have more leverage, but I don't think this works well in practice because the payments will hinder your cashflow. Plus if the market and economy go south and you get laid off, how will you make the loan payments?

3. Keep your expenses under control but don't forget to reward yourself every now and then.

this is the most realistic plan so far. kudos!