Sig question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey anyone on here know what the sig "UTD" stands for? I know it means 'take as directed" or "take as needed" .... but what do the actual U-T-D stand for?

Members don't see this ad.

I looked in Reifman's Pharm Tech Review. They had the abbreviation "ut dict" or "ud". Latin is "ut dictum" meaning "as directed". Hope that's right!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those Latin people had words for everything. Even things that didn't exist in the Latin Era like bacteria.

Those Latin people had words for everything. Even things that didn't exist in the Latin Era like bacteria.
My colleague just asked this question and that's how I found this thread.
By the way, bacteria have always existed before Latin era, just not discovered. ;) Your point is still valid nonetheless.

My colleague just asked this question and that's how I found this thread.
By the way, bacteria have always existed before Latin era, just not discovered. ;) Your point is still valid nonetheless.
I see you’ve fallen for the Lysol propaganda. Bacteria were invented to sell cleaning agents.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I looked in Reifman's Pharm Tech Review. They had the abbreviation "ut dict" or "ud". Latin is "ut dictum" meaning "as directed". Hope that's right!
Ut Dictum is correct.