Sigh this sucks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smokeweedalldayeveryday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just wanted to post here as a new user because I've been a long time lurker. So I have applied to about 26 schools and have been rejected or put on hold in 12 of them. I have a 3.5 in both gpas and a 33 mcat, 11 p, 10 v, 12 b. I think I have most of the ECs covered and was done by august on all secondaries. I am a New York resident. I'm not going to lose hope but realistically I think I'll apply again and go add DO. Just wanted to vent and see if anyone else is frustrated with this as well

Members don't see this ad.

Could this have anything to do with you being high all day every day?

But on a more serious note, no interviews at all? Without having access to which schools you applied to and what your application looks like aside from the numbers, it'd be hard to comment on why you're having a poor cycle. And then there's also the writing itself that you have had to do.

Reactions: 3 users
If your only EC was smoking weed all day every day, it doesn't surprise me.

What were your ECs?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you should smoke less weed.

What schools did you apply to?
What do you mean by "have most of the ECs covered"?
Any possibility for bad or neutral LOR?
Any red flags?

Reactions: 2 users
Let the man smoke his weed.

Could you expand on your ec's, and schools you applied to? What do you consider weaknesses in your application?

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe you should smoke less weed.

What schools did you apply to?
What do you mean by "have most of the ECs covered"?
Any possibility for bad or neutral LOR?
Any red flags?

And if there are red flags on your application, are they related to the possession/smoking of weed?

I can understand the anxiety on your end, but this cycle is far from over, and many, many people will get IIs and acceptances in the spring. Your numbers are good, but are your ECs up to snuff?

I can understand the anxiety on your end

If one's EC list is growing weed, harvesting weed and smoking said weed, I don't see how there could be any anxiety at all. Everything is gonna be aaaaaall right.

Reactions: 4 users
If one's EC list is growing weed, harvesting weed and smoking said weed, I don't see how there could be any anxiety at all. Everything is gonna be aaaaaall right.

Sure, I mean, just chill man.

Just chill...

oh yeah. play some Radiohead or Alt-J.

relax.

Man, I just realized something: everything in my apartment is in 3-D. That's so cool.

That desk, the bike in the corner, my cat, all 3-D. Whoah.

Hi Cat. What are you looking at?

Me? Are you looking at me? What's so interesting about me?

Man, he just keeps looking at me, that's so creepy!

STOP LOOKING AT ME, CAT!!!!

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
In all seriousness, maybe lack of ECs (volunteer, leadership, long-term, etc.).
Additionally, could be related to LORs (quality, number, diversity), personal statement quality, and secondary essay quality.

26 schools is absolutely sufficient, if you applied wisely. A list of schools you applied to would help a lot, in terms of stats.

Back to the bashing: You are the devil for smoking weed. You kill babies. You will be horrible in medicine. ADCOMs totally know about your smoking habit. You're brain no longer works (if your habits are similar to your username, this might not be far from the truth). Your app sucks because of the weed (possibly true if you were high while writing it. You sound great while high...and a bit stupid to anyone without THC in their system).

Back to seriousness: I'd wager that OPs username is nothing like the OP in actuality; probably just something to throw off some known "friends" who are also on SDN, and to keep anonymity.
Could have easily chosen "rankrankvaginawesome", though. Oh well.

Very funny, though, considering what you are posting about, and where you are. I will say that.

Or maybe you really do smoke week all day, everyday.