Sign on bonus reject letter??? Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JadeCA

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I desperately need your help! I signed a contract with a sign on bonus to work for a pharmacy retail company and now I would like to instead accept an offer from another pharmacy company. I have not received the bonus yet but do any of you have a link to or a copy of a sample letter that I can write to the company to dissolve the agreement????

Thank you so much!! I need to send this letter ASAP!

Members don't see this ad.

If you already signed the contract it may be too late and you're kinda at the mercy of the company. I would give the person who recruited you a call rather then sending a letter.

u just have to give the $$ back, its not a big deal

Members don't see this ad :)
mmm it depends on the contract. sometimes if you are paying it back in the same year you received the bonus, you only pay back what you received after taxes. but they haven't even gotten the bonus yet, so...

well, let's see if I understand your situation.... you are trying to resolve a problem that you don't even have, hmmm.... you have not received the bonus, I don't see what you have to worry about.

Hello all,

I desperately need your help! I signed a contract with a sign on bonus to work for a pharmacy retail company and now I would like to instead accept an offer from another pharmacy company. I have not received the bonus yet but do any of you have a link to or a copy of a sample letter that I can write to the company to dissolve the agreement????

Thank you so much!! I need to send this letter ASAP!

You definitely should call and notify them ASAP. Maybe they haven't even printed the check out yet.

The OP wants a sample letter to cancel the contract.

What's mind boggling is that the OP who is or will be a pharmacist can't write a simple letter.

The OP wants a sample letter to cancel the contract.

What's mind boggling is that the OP who is or will be a pharmacist can't write a simple letter.

The OP is a rookie, obviously he/she is not sure how to write a professional letter.

**Let me know if you need someone double-checking the letter for you. :)

The OP is a rookie, obviously he/she is not sure how to write a professional letter.

**Let me know if you need someone double-checking the letter for you. :)

come on guys..give the guy a break..may be he/she just tought that there was a form out there to get yourself out of a hot mess..but now he knows such thing does not exist.

Just gather your courage and call the person that hired you, thank them for the opportunity they gave you but that at this point you are opting out of that early agreement. Never close the door on a bitter note..you just never know. He or she will thank you for the phone call, ask you if there is anything they can do to keep you on board and wish you good luck..you'll be surprise how painless the process is.

I might, myself, end up in the same situation. I signed because of this stupid deadline but I am still talking to at least 2 other companies.

Good luck.

come on guys..give the guy a break..may be he/she just tought that there was a form out there to get yourself out of a hot mess..but now he knows such thing does not exist.

getoutofjailcc.jpg

I beg to differ.