Significant Others & Revisit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CTNeuro20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm just wondering if people bring their boyfriends/girlfriends/partners to the revisit weekend? I am contemplating bringing my boyfriend, who would be behind-the-scenes for most of it probably. Or would this be considered inappropriate? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

CTNeuro20 said:
Hey All,
I'm just wondering if people bring their boyfriends/girlfriends/partners to the revisit weekend? I am contemplating bringing my boyfriend, who would be behind-the-scenes for most of it probably. Or would this be considered inappropriate? Any thoughts?

Depending on if you are planning to move together, I think that it's only fair to consider their opinions (assuming that you are moving there for 7+ years). I came back for a second look at my program, and I would have brought my partner if we would have had the money at the time for the extra ticket. But, the program staff indicated that it would have been a perfectly acceptable thing to do...

dante201 said:
Depending on if you are planning to move together, I think that it's only fair to consider their opinions (assuming that you are moving there for 7+ years). I came back for a second look at my program, and I would have brought my partner if we would have had the money at the time for the extra ticket. But, the program staff indicated that it would have been a perfectly acceptable thing to do...

Bringing my wife for 2nd looks. They won't pick up travel costs but they invited her for the social events in the evening. It is totally appropriate to ask at the very least.

Hi,

I'm a G3/MS3 from Pitt MSTP. You should definitely bring your spouse or significant other, especially if s/he is planning on making the move with you. There are so many things to consider besides the school/program itself, such as housing, job markets, children's schools. Remember you will be living in this place for the next 7-10 years, so don't pick a place where either of you may end up unhappy.

Good luck :)