Significant Research Experience Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2B in 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up peoples,

Hey I was just curious, for the significant research experience essay are we required to talk about just one research experience or can we talk about many research projects we were involved in? I mean, I have been in the same lab for about 2 years and it will be 3 by the time I matriculate into medical school and have had several projects to work on during this time and have also done some external research at another location as well. So can I just write many experiences for the various research experiences, like 2,000 characters each or something? I would really appreciate a response on this as I would like to try and submit my application by the end of this week.

Thanks guys and good luck to all future medical scientists.

Members don't see this ad.

I talked about every significant experience I had. So if you have more than one, talk about them. Also, one of my labs I worked on two separate projects, so I discussed the different projects also. You're definitely not required to just discuss one.

Same here. I discussed several project facets in the same lab, focusing on the main one.