Jul 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, So I have some Fs on my transcript that are holding down my gpa. One is science and others not. These are from years ago when I wasn't focused... at all. :)

My UG university doesn't factor it into cu gpa if I get a c or better when retaking the course.. which shouldn't be a problem!

So what I'm wondering is, when factoring my current gpa for med school apps in my head, do i include the Fs, or do I replace them with my grades the second time around? it makes a huuuuuge difference in gpa (3.4 to 3.7, assuming my grades stay high) How will admissions committees look at it?

(my gpa shows upward trend, and I aim to keep it that way!)

...this may not be the exact thread i should post in, so i apologize-- but i'm thinking it relates to my chances so here goes! thanks in advance, guys!:love:

Gryhu

Dom
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2008
Status
Medical Student
For MD schools they factor in all grades. For DO schools they factor in the most recent grade.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
For MD schools they factor in all grades. For DO schools they factor in the most recent grade.
Note that DO schools will still see those Fs - they don't disappear per se. They just aren't calculated into your numbers.