silly question-- can't find answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NontradOregon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, So I have some Fs on my transcript that are holding down my gpa. One is science and others not. These are from years ago when I wasn't focused... at all. :)

My UG university doesn't factor it into cu gpa if I get a c or better when retaking the course.. which shouldn't be a problem!

So what I'm wondering is, when factoring my current gpa for med school apps in my head, do i include the Fs, or do I replace them with my grades the second time around? it makes a huuuuuge difference in gpa (3.4 to 3.7, assuming my grades stay high) How will admissions committees look at it?

(my gpa shows upward trend, and I aim to keep it that way!)

...this may not be the exact thread i should post in, so i apologize-- but i'm thinking it relates to my chances so here goes! thanks in advance, guys!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

For MD schools they factor in all grades. For DO schools they factor in the most recent grade.

For MD schools they factor in all grades. For DO schools they factor in the most recent grade.

Note that DO schools will still see those Fs - they don't disappear per se. They just aren't calculated into your numbers.