Silly Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prowd2beloud147

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an interview invite to Liberty and I am traveling from Michigan to Virginia. My mom is accompanying me. My question here is: Has anyone brought a parent to the interviews? I know that they wouldn't tag along in the actual interviewing, but have you ever seen them walking around the campus tour?

I for sure will not bring my mother if it is not common (I don't want to give off any wrong impressions), but I really would like her see what the school entails.

-Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I saw some interviewees being dropped off by parents at the school for interviewing. My first thought was that these people are still baby, but at the same time I'm so jealous of that as having parents with you can reduce stress significantly.

Why doesn't your mom just walk around separately or you both stroll around after? Personally, I think it would be very strange to see a parent accompanying anyone on an interview. That being said, I know people do it.

Would you do it on a job interview to see if your parent liked the building and location?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll agree with the others, it would not look the best if she went with you. Many schools will say that parents and significant others are not allowed to come on the interview day. She can drop you off and go explore the city on her own, then pick you up after. You can always take her around the campus later that day or the next day.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice guys!!! You are all totally right!!!