SIU (IS) vs. MWU-IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardy123!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am having trouble deciding between SIU and Midwestern Illinois dental school. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I am having trouble deciding between SIU and Midwestern Illinois dental school. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

The location isn’t all that great but SIU should be at the top of your list. Its one of the cheapest schools and you’re not competing with UIC like Midwestern for patients. Students in Downers Grove have a disadvantage because its not as easily accessible public transportation-wise and a lot of patients come from disadvantaged backgrounds. Its extremely expensive and I’d never choose it solely because of its cost and return on investment. Cheaper is better always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are still people holding seats at multiple schools? I thought they we had a deadline back in March to only hold one spot, or was that just the date that schools told each other who accepted a seat at their school?

Also, I chose SIU. It's a great education for a really good price. The only downfall that I see is the location, but with the amount of money that I'm going to save by living in Alton, they could tell me to live in a dumpster for 4 yrs and I'd smile and say okay! Good luck with your decision :)