Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU MSOT 2025-2026 Cycle

Started by coffebean
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Belle and for those all conditionally accepted, I received an initial email a few weeks ago as well (congrats to everyone who did). Is it just me or has no one received the actual official letter of acceptance yet. Is there further steps we should take? Thank you
Hi! I recieved my acceptance on the 9th and accepted the offer on the 10th. I received a response today from Dr Smith with further instructions for the MSOT 2026. I say give it a few more days and if anything you can send a follow up email to her and or the graduate advisor!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I want to email them and just check in if I don't hear by the end of this week. I have to sign up soon for summer classes and if i'm not getting in, I want to take a little break from school and just focus on work. 😅
 
I feel like I want to email them and just check in if I don't hear by the end of this week. I have to sign up soon for summer classes and if i'm not getting in, I want to take a little break from school and just focus on work. 😅
I totally had the same thought. I mean the thought to call them. I also don’t know if I want to sign up for the summer neuroanatomy class. That would be my final prerequisite. But I also want to be able to have summer fun with my child. It’s a total conundrum.
 
I totally had the same thought. I mean the thought to call them. I also don’t know if I want to sign up for the summer neuroanatomy class. That would be my final prerequisite. But I also want to be able to have summer fun with my child. It’s a total conundrum.
I feel it! Neuroanatomy is also my last pre-req!
 
Hello Everyone, I have been a quiet member of this thread but i want to thank everyone who has contributed and sharing all the updates and feelings. It has been definitely been an anxious few months to say the least, and you have all make it more bearable. I wanted to share that I have received an conditional acceptance letter last evening and am very excited to join the 2026 cohort. Wishing everyone else good luck this week as it does seem like they are ramping up the reviews

I am curious to see who else has received a conditional acceptance but have fulfilled all the pre-requisites? I have all the courses, hours, and letters done but I was told that my offer was conditional. I am wondering if it is just a general email. Thanks again everyone!
 
Hello Everyone, I have been a quiet member of this thread but i want to thank everyone who has contributed and sharing all the updates and feelings. It has been definitely been an anxious few months to say the least, and you have all make it more bearable. I wanted to share that I have received an conditional acceptance letter last evening and am very excited to join the 2026 cohort. Wishing everyone else good luck this week as it does seem like they are ramping up the reviews

I am curious to see who else has received a conditional acceptance but have fulfilled all the pre-requisites? I have all the courses, hours, and letters done but I was told that my offer was conditional. I am wondering if it is just a general email. Thanks again everyone!
Congrats!🍾🎈 🎉
 
Hello friends! So I just called the department to ask them if they will be sending out any more acceptance or denial letters during their spring break. The person over the phone told me that they won’t be sending out any more until the second week of April. When I asked if there will be any more sent out for this week, she said that no acceptance letters had been sent out. It’s a little confusing because as we know, we definitely had some friends here hear back. Anyway, I’m hoping that we all get some good news soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if I should send an email to them this week and just check in, since summer class sign up is coming soon. Honestly super frustrated with how this process has been and thought we'd hear back a lot sooner than this. 🙁 Definitely feel like i'm going to have to reapply next year.
 
Wondering if I should send an email to them this week and just check in, since summer class sign up is coming soon. Honestly super frustrated with how this process has been and thought we'd hear back a lot sooner than this. 🙁 Definitely feel like i'm going to have to reapply next year.
Hi! Honestly, I sent an email like 2 weeks ago checking in and no response 🙁 I am also feeling like reapplying is in my future 😭
 
Hi! I have been a quiet member of this forum but have appreciated all of the helpful posts. I applied on November 21, and am still waiting to hear back. I called the office yesterday, and they said they are trying to get back to everyone by the end of this month (April). Fingers crossed and wishing everyone the best of luck!! 🙂
 
Hey everyone! I appreciate you all being so supportive in here its been a long journey. I got my acceptance a couple weeks ago and can’t wait to meet everyone.

I wanted to ask if Dr. Smith asked anyone if they were interested in the doctoral program instead of the masters? She proposed this to me, and I’m still deciding (will probably stick msot) but wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me?
 
Hey everyone! I appreciate you all being so supportive in here its been a long journey. I got my acceptance a couple weeks ago and can’t wait to meet everyone.

I wanted to ask if Dr. Smith asked anyone if they were interested in the doctoral program instead of the masters? She proposed this to me, and I’m still deciding (will probably stick msot) but wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me?
Congrats! Yes, she sent me that email as well but i'm sticking with the Masters program.
 
Hey everyone! I know it’s been awhile since this thread has been active but I’m applying to the next SJSU MSOT cycle and was curious if anyone would be willing to share their stats or any advice for someone in my shoes. Congratulations to you all!!