sketchy pharm for rotations, level2, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docta Kitty Kitty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know my pharm too well. Just started OMS-III. Would it help me if I did sketchy pharm through out the year? Or is sketchy pharm not be enough for Level 2 exams and for future? (I'm a visual learner and love sketchy). If not, what other resources do you recommend? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My Comlex Level 2 had several micro questions, very little pharm. I would hammer Sketchy path though, get through all of it with the Salt deck early. Like strive to be done and only doing anki reviews on it by mid October. It covers some basic pharm that you need for comat exams. After that maybe Sketchy IM!? I heard they finished a deck for it. I would pound that for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally think it's worth going through all of Sketchy pharm even for your Level 2/Step 2 exams. Pharm is very heavy on all three COMLEX and USMLE exams. It is also important to know during your residency. I went through Sketchy pharm when I was studying for my M2 classes and for Step 1. However, I continued to review my annotated Sketchy pharm images throughout clinical years and when studying the Step 2 and Step 3 exams. The best and most efficient approach to utilizing sketchy pharm is to watch the videos one time through and take notes/annotate the pictures as you go along so that when you go back to review you do not have to re-watch videos but can briefly skim over the pictures to jog your memory. I annotated the pictures using my Notability app on my iPad and then saved the PDFs directly onto my computer. The PDFs are what I would refer to when studying for the boards and I've noticed that I even refer to them occasionally during residency!

- Annette G, MD, MPH - USMLE Tutor and Residency Advisor at Med School Tutors

Only an fellow third year here, so haven't taken Level 2 yet. I used sketchy pharm a ton last year and I still think about it/refer to it when answering questions and figuring out patients. I agree with the note taking strategy. Personally, I bought the books from sketchy that have the images and space to take notes. Not necessary per se, but I found it helpful and I look back to my notes from sketchy frequently.
It's especially a godsend for diabetes meds, since there's a lot of them and they come up so often.