All Branch Topic (ABT) Skillbridge inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sweetpotatoguy

Potatoes
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully done Skillbridge prior to their date of separation (DOS)?

I’m transitioning into my PM&R residency as a PGY2 and I’m looking into getting some more recent inpatient experience prior to starting.

For those who don’t know, Skillbridge is a DOD funded internship/apprenticeship which you can do up to 6 months prior to your DOS. You keep your pay and you leave your job to do a job you want to do after the military.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone successfully done Skillbridge prior to their date of separation (DOS)?

I’m transitioning into my PM&R residency as a PGY2 and I’m looking into getting some more recent inpatient experience prior to starting.

For those who don’t know, Skillbridge is a DOD funded internship/apprenticeship which you can do up to 6 months prior to your DOS. You keep your pay and you leave your job to do a job you want to do after the military.

Good luck if you are currently a GMO. Unless there is someone set to replace you when you would start there’s about a zero percent chance of it being approved. I have seen it approved for docs at MTFs who weren’t able to provide full scope of practice care at their location for what ever reason. This allowed them to work on those privileges they would need to be better employable on the outside.

Reactions: 1 user
Following this thread. I'm looking into it right now also. Having a tough time moving an ADSC to the left by 3 months to get back to residency.