Skipping Material in Biochemistry Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pssowers34

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm probably being paranoid, but I'm concerned about my Biochemistry class, which is coming to a close soon this semester. Multiple natural disasters struck our college campus this year, and we lost a few class periods because of this. As a result, my Biochemistry professor said yesterday that we are no longer able to learn all of the material on the syllabus due to time constraints.

I understand that medical schools will probably not question me about the material listed on the Biochemistry syllabus. Things happen, and I know that it's fairly common for a class to skip over material for time's sake. However, I plan to apply to Texas medical schools, and TMDSAS's requirements are particularly stingy for Biochemistry specifically. Should I be concerned about this, as Texas medical schools have such strict requirements for that class? Is it possible in any way that a Texas medical school would defer my acceptance because I did not cover all of the material they require for Biochemistry?

If something like this were to happen, it would set me back for an entire year, so I want to be as certain as possible that this will not cause any problems. Thanks so much for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot fathom that this would affect you, let alone that this would be annotated on your transcript. I would not waste time worrying about this

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear about it. You don't get a refund on your course either. Just make sure once you get into medical school that you work hard to understand the material. Like everyone else.

Reactions: 2 users
As someone who teaches biochemistry, there isn't even a uniform, agreed on set of material a class should cover.

Things range from 2 semesters (fundamentals + metabolism) to single semester survey courses and everything in between, with individual instructors having a lot of flexibility in what they cover and how much depth they go into.

Reactions: 1 users