Skipping the first two sections of PAT on real DAT?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoLPoPs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For PAT, I realized my scores fluctuate a lot and it all depends on how fast I can get through the keyholes & TFE sections. I've been doing well on CDP and I wasn't worried until I tried TopScore & achiever's PAT-- I can't use the line method and it just takes me too long to go through them and I end up guessing like half of the pattern folding questions.

So I was thinking maybe I should skip the first two sections on the real test and come back at the end? :confused: But then, I would have to waste like 2 min.

Can someone please give me an advise on this?
Thanks~:love:

Members don't see this ad.

You can - but you must practice though. I did it on my exam because I was used to starting with angles while I did CDP. Practice scrolling to get to where you want to go (you must start from the beginning). You won't lose that much time because the screen changes quickly. It's possible!

You can - but you must practice though. I did it on my exam because I was used to starting with angles while I did CDP. Practice scrolling to get to where you want to go (you must start from the beginning). You won't lose that much time because the screen changes quickly. It's possible!

Thanks for your advice & encouragement! :) I'm definitely gonna practice them out with the 3 CDP tests I have left. (I've done 7 so far...)
Also I just read your DAT analysis and it's very helpful too! :D

Good luck with your application!!! :love:

For PAT, I realized my scores fluctuate a lot and it all depends on how fast I can get through the keyholes & TFE sections. I've been doing well on CDP and I wasn't worried until I tried TopScore & achiever's PAT-- I can't use the line method and it just takes me too long to go through them and I end up guessing like half of the pattern folding questions.

So I was thinking maybe I should skip the first two sections on the real test and come back at the end? :confused: But then, I would have to waste like 2 min.

Can someone please give me an advise on this?
Thanks~:love:

I wouldn't recommend doing that. Considering how stressful the exam is the last thing you want to do is to make it more confusing by jumping from one section of the exam to the other. You'll be wasting lots of time, not to mention when you're under that much stress jumping from one section to the next may cause disorientation, resulting in you leaving couple of questions unanswered without even realizing it.
But hey, that's just what I think. Do what you're most comfortable with!