Slacker VS Honor Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMO

Diving Medical Officer
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you meds out there are A) Just doing enough to pass. "No need to cram information that I'm going to forget" OR B)Medical Honors Student "Must learn everything. You never know when it'll be of use"

Members don't see this ad.

You left out what's in between those two...those are extremes.

Originally posted by DMO
How many of you meds out there are A) Just doing enough to pass. "No need to cram information that I'm going to forget" OR B)Medical Honors Student "Must learn everything. You never know when it'll be of use"

A - probably doesn't belong in medical school
B- needs a psych consult

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll have different letters behind my name, but I'm in with KyGrl. I have a tendency to dismiss the clinically useless minutiae instructors use to differentiate A's from B's, but I make sure all the significant information is down cold, for the very purpose of making sure I <em>don't</em> forget it after the exam.

Originally posted by idq1i
A - probably doesn't belong in medical school
B- needs a psych consult

wrong.

A: will become FPs

B: will become respected academics.

Originally posted by doc05
wrong.

A: will become FPs

A - I'm sure some FPs will be offended. There is often no substitute for a good FP

B - There is no way to memorize every damn detail, so it is pointless to set out to do that.

Originally posted by idq1i
A - I'm sure some FPs will be offended. There is often no substitute for a good FP

B - There is no way to memorize every damn detail, so it is pointless to set out to do that.

A- of course I'm kidding. Just that at my school, it's only the bottom of the class that goes for FP.

B- Ever talk to an academic IM doc? they know everything.

A- of course I'm kidding. Just that at my school, it's only the bottom of the class that goes for FP.

B- Ever talk to an academic IM doc? they know everything.

I worked for one, so I do know. However, it took them long years/decades to get to that point, with lots of hands-on training and much repetition. Medical students that set out to learn every single detail will have lost their mind by the end of the first block.

It's not worth continuing this argument. It's just that I have much disdain for people who spend 12+hours a day on the weekend studying for a test that's 2+weeks away

wrong.

wrong

B: will become dermatologists, pop zits and make 300k/yr, 40hr/wk, no call

Originally posted by chef
wrong

B: will become dermatologists, pop zits and make 300k/yr, 40hr/wk, no call

i think s someone on here once said..."all that brains just to pop zits"......ahh..capitalism...