SLOE question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccergirl1234u

Reaction score
how common is it to receive a "pass" for a sub-i rotation? my fellow auditioners and I compared our evaluations and we all got "pass" and "adequate" across the board from our individual writer, even though our individual attendings submitted great feedback about all of us at the end of our shifts for the cumulative sloe.

How standardized is the sloe // what makes a sloe bad vs average vs good? for example, do some places write ALL good sloe's while others write mostly bad ones? if so, how can you tell apart the students who just got unlucky and went to a sub-i at a rougher program? it's frustrating because this program isn't even an insanely hard university program, its a relatively new program so we are all confused as to why the evals are so strict

Members don't see this ad.

how common is it to receive a "pass" for a sub-i rotation? my fellow auditioners and I compared our evaluations and we all got "pass" and "adequate" across the board from our individual writer, even though our individual attendings submitted great feedback about all of us at the end of our shifts for the cumulative sloe.

How standardized is the sloe // what makes a sloe bad vs average vs good? for example, do some places write ALL good sloe's while others write mostly bad ones? if so, how can you tell apart the students who just got unlucky and went to a sub-i at a rougher program? it's frustrating because this program isn't even an insanely hard university program, its a relatively new program so we are all confused as to why the evals are so strict

Some places are P/F, others grade. The grading breakdown, and what percentage of students get what grade, is on the SLOE. Also, some places are P/F for 2020 bc of covid, and there is a box on this years SLOE to indicate a change to P/F for 2020.

The competitiveness of the SLOE comes down to really 3 questions IMO:

The question comparing you to students that rotated last year and asks if you are top 10, top 1/3, mid 1/3, or low 1/3. This question shows how many students/% you ranked the previous year in each category.

The question that asks where you plan to rank the student (top 10, top 1/3, mid 1/3, or low 1/3)

The comments section.

Reactions: 1 users
Some places are P/F, others grade. The grading breakdown, and what percentage of students get what grade, is on the SLOE. Also, some places are P/F for 2020 bc of covid, and there is a box on this years SLOE to indicate a change to P/F for 2020.

The competitiveness of the SLOE comes down to really 3 questions IMO:

The question comparing you to students that rotated last year and asks if you are top 10, top 1/3, mid 1/3, or low 1/3. This question shows how many students/% you ranked the previous year in each category.

The question that asks where you plan to rank the student (top 10, top 1/3, mid 1/3, or low 1/3)

The comments section.

thanks doc!

Reactions: 1 user