Smart combo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mintgum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to take physics without precal? Im a classics major and would these precal and calc fit into my science gpa if taken? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a good idea to take physics without precal? Im a classics major and would these precal and calc fit into my science gpa if taken? thanks

Most of the trigonometry used in physics class is learned in the first week or so of Trig class. You might have to take some initiative and teach yourself that content found in the first week of trig class. If you are interested there are some good resources on youtube. I would recommend http://www.khanacademy.org/
Go to the trigonometry section not pre-calc. I took physics without taking any trig, so it is definitely doable!

Any course listed under the Mathematics Department will count in your Science GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it without. It's more work but not worth wasting the time and money in precalc. Keep in mind that some schools require 1 year calc as a prerequisite.

I did it without. It's more work but not worth wasting the time and money in precalc. Keep in mind that some schools require 1 year calc as a prerequisite.

check with your school, my school requires up to calc 3 as a prerec for the physics i had to take

if you can take the physics without precalc i recommend doing that, it'll probably be algebra based and easier