SMDEP 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone confirm for UVA ?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else confirm at UCLA?! :soexcited: I'm so excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!

I stumbled across smdep rather late and applied on a whim. I finished my application on February 26th and my LOR and transcripts still have a-- but they were submitted. How are my chances? From reading old threads it seems people tend to apply rather early.

Freshmen
GPA 3.577
URM- African, Muslim, Female
Science GPA 3.0
E.C- Head one 1 club, member of 5, active roles in 3 clubs
Volunteer experience.
I thought my essays were pretty good
I'm hoping my LOR were good, the two professors I asked seemed eager to do it

Hey everyone!

I stumbled across smdep rather late and applied on a whim. I finished my application on February 26th and my LOR and transcripts still have a-- but they were submitted. How are my chances? From reading old threads it seems people tend to apply rather early.

Freshmen
GPA 3.577
URM- African, Muslim, Female
Science GPA 3.0
E.C- Head one 1 club, member of 5, active roles in 3 clubs
Volunteer experience.
I thought my essays were pretty good
I'm hoping my LOR were good, the two professors I asked seemed eager to do it

I had about the same GPA and got accepted, its not only about the GPA, there are other factors to consider. Where are you planning to go?

Science GPA I meant

I know they consider far more than the GPA, which I hope will work in my favor since my GPA isn't the best. I had all 10 E.C spot filled up with both leadership and volunteer roles. I'm assuming my LOR were good, although it is still showing up as --

I applied to Columbia, Yale, and Rutgers. I hope I get into at least one...Columbia seems overwhelming popular and I didnt know before hand that people applied so early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply for the travel scholarship?

your post reminded me that it exists! lol. applying now... Are you buying your ticket or waiting to see if you get anything from the scholarship first?
I think I'll wait until I get news from he scholarship. My plane ticket will be $500+ :dead: lol Do you know when we'll know if we get the money or not?

Application in review! So Envious of everyone who's already accepted!

Hello everyone I'm new here on these post. I have some few questions about the smdep application.
How are my chances to get in?

Sophomore
Puertorican
GPA 3.68
Science GPA 3.57
Low income and minority

My two professors sent my LORS days before the deadline, submited my app february 19.

My transcript has been received and approved but my LORS still have a - and any program has not reviewed my application.

Thanks,

Congrats to those who get in!

Best regards,

You are a URM so I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in, but since you are in the second pool of applicants, it is going to be much harder. I submitted my app the day of the deadline, and I still have -- next to all the schools. Worried...:cryi:

I guess we'll just find out in 4 days :eek:

I'm sooo nervous! I also submitted my app the last day! I still have -- next to two of my schools. I'm checking the status every single day! I hope I get in. Can't wait! Does anyone know if the decisions come out monday midnight?

I have a -- next to two of mine too! UW just said "in review" today. I'm seriously praying that I get in, but I really don't know what the results are going to be. Decisions should come out monday midnight, if they are on time haha. What schools did you apply to?

I applied to UCLA, UW, and Columbia. I still have a -- for UW and Columbia. I hope we make it in. What other schools did you apply to?

I applied to UCLA, UW, and Columbia. I still have a -- for UW and Columbia. I hope we make it in. What other schools did you apply to?

I applied to UCLA, UW, and Yale. Sort of the same schools! Yale is "in review" for me, so only UCLA is a --. There's only two more working days for them to get through applications...wonder what happens if they don't get to them...:(

I applied to UCLA, UW, and Yale. Sort of the same schools! Yale is "in review" for me, so only UCLA is a --. There's only two more working days for them to get through applications...wonder what happens if they don't get to them...:(
Nice! I have had UCLA "in review" for about 2 weeks, but the others have not changed from --. I hope they get a chance to read our apps because I've looked at past threads and some applicants were told that the school was full already when their decisions came out, meaning that their apps were not even read. :(

You are a URM so I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in, but since you are in the second pool of applicants, it is going to be much harder. I submitted my app the day of the deadline, and I still have -- next to all the schools. Worried...:cryi:

I guess we'll just find out in 4 days :eek:

One of my letters was not received because they had a connection problem on the fax or something like that :-( I hope to get in. I applied to Nebraska, Washington and Case Western. Nebraska and Washington are reviewing my app, hope nebraska accepts me! Luck on your app :D

Thanks, good luck to you too. I just for my Columbia app "in review." Im happy now :), but I still have UW --.

Hi everyone! I am a URM, but I submitted my application the same day it was due. :( I still "--" under all the schools I have applied. I hope they are not already full. It's the last year I am eligible to apply. I even desperately emailed each school asking if it were true that they don't get to all the applications...

Thanks, good luck to you too. I just for my Columbia app "in review." Im happy now :), but I still have UW --.

Yey at least Columbia is reviewing your app!

Case western still have a -- and I think is the last day (friday 28) and the decisions is april 1 I'm so anxiouus haha

Hi everyone! I am a URM, but I submitted my application the same day it was due. :( I still "--" under all the schools I have applied. I hope they are not already full. It's the last year I am eligible to apply. I even desperately emailed each school asking if it were true that they don't get to all the applications...

Have faith on it, these week my app changed on two schools as reviewing I was scared thought. If you don't get in there a lot of opportunities out there to URM going to medicine :)

Best of the luck!!

My Nebraska app just went under review. Id also like to remind everyone not to give up hope if you get rejected on April 1. You could still get accepted as people make their choices. For example if Nebraska and Rutgers both accept someone to fill their last spot, one of em will have an opening to fill once the applicant makes his/her choice. So you COULD be accepted after April 1 on an individual basis! Anyways, good luck to everyone! :)

My Nebraska app just went under review. Id also like to remind everyone not to give up hope if you get rejected on April 1. You could still get accepted as people make their choices. For example if Nebraska and Rutgers both accept someone to fill their last spot, one of em will have an opening to fill once the applicant makes his/her choice. So you COULD be accepted after April 1 on an individual basis! Anyways, good luck to everyone! :)
That's true. Spots can open up even after April 1st. :)

Update: I got my last school to be "in review." Im ecstatic now. It seems like most people are noticing changes from -- to "in review" around this time. And if you have not yet, it will most likely change soon. Good luck! ;)

That's a good way to look at it. I'm just a bit nervous since none of the schools show up as "in review." I still see the "--." Regardless of what happens, I will have a Plan B, C, or even a D, if need be. I wish everyone the best!

That's a good way to look at it. I'm just a bit nervous since none of the schools show up as "in review." I still see the "--." Regardless of what happens, I will have a Plan B, C, or even a D, if need be. I wish everyone the best!

Don't worry to much about not having the "in review" next to the schools. I was looking at previous threads, and someone said they got into all their choices even though the status was "--". So, there is still hope! Good luck everyone :) I will definitely be camping out on here around midnight on Monday... who wants to join?! :p

Results should come out monday midnight according to eastern time, but I live in the west so hopefully that means I get my decisions at 9pm on monday. Only 44 more hrs to go!!:nod:

Don't worry to much about not having the "in review" next to the schools. I was looking at previous threads, and someone said they got into all their choices even though the status was "--". So, there is still hope! Good luck everyone :) I will definitely be camping out on here around midnight on Monday... who wants to join?! :p
Wish I could but I have my chemistry lab ending right at 9pm on the west coast, which is the same at midnight on the east coast. :(

I'm so excited for tomorrow!! I live in Puerto Rico so I think I have the eastern time

Just found this SMDEP forum! Congrats to everyone and their acceptance.
Those who are waiting, wish you the best :D

I was accepted to Columbia, Washington, and UCLA.
Confirmed at Columbia!
Who else will be attending???

Good luck everyone!!! I got accepted into the first round in Nebraska and I just wanted to let you know that some schools do not update their status so they might have the "--" but they probably already made the decision. I hope everyone gets in somewhere and can't wait to meet people in Nebraska!!! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted that isn't a minority or financially disadvantaged??

Results should come out monday midnight according to eastern time, but I live in the west so hopefully that means I get my decisions at 9pm on monday. Only 44 more hrs to go!!:nod:

You are right! I live on the west coast, so I guess I will be on here 9pm...GOOD LUCK and may the odds be ever in your favor:happy:

Hi guys! 5 more hours until we find out! I applied last year but wasn't able to get my transcript in on time because of issues with sending it out. I hope things turn around this year. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

I'm so nervous, the suspense is killing me! May the odds ever be in our favor guys!

Studying for my chemistry test and anxious about the decisions, 4 hours more!!! omg