SMDEP rules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djdrill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rules of SMDEP? I am going to the one in NJ and my "significant other" lives there...am I going to be able to hang out with them on the weekends or are the weekend excursions mandatory??

Members don't see this ad.

hey, nice to see NJ ppl come out. Im goin there 2!

anyways back to your question. From what i have read so far, we are going to be in an environment similar to that of a typical college student living in school. You are probably going to be busy most of your morning and afternoon with classes, doing hw, etc, and for rest of the day you will be free to do as you please. I believe we will attend classes from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and from there on we are free, and i do believe we are free on weekends apart from the planned activities which i think will be optional. So you should be ok i think. Hope this helps :)

BTw if you havent already, you should go to http://njms.umdnj.edu/education/special_programs/undergraduate/index.cfm

there is alot of information there. you should also be getting your info packets soon. They mailed them a couple days ago so it should answer your question.

yea definatly....you're not a prisoner in the program hahahaha...you got time to your own to do what you want..but remember what your priorities should be..which is to take advantage of this opportunity..

anyways i went to smdep last year...one of the best decisions i ever made..loved it.